What to Know Before You Buy
Virtually every GRC solution has a long list of features and capabilities – but will those capabilities actually deliver a solution that meets the needs of your team, your business associates and your management? And, will the solution be able to evolve as your business or external requirements change? Here’s our list of higher-level considerations in selecting a product.
Choosing a risk, compliance or audit system is an important decision. You want a system that:
- Generates reports, dashboards and other outputs that provide the information you, your boss, and your colleagues need, available on demand.
- Provides a user with interfaces that make it easy for folks to do their job, without a lot of training.
- Takes on the administrative burden, so you don’t have to chase people around to get them to do their jobs or spend a lot of time cross-checking inputs.
- Provides an expandable platform to include additional IRM components when you are ready for them.
- Is on time/on budget implementation and roll out program.
In our experience, there are several capabilities to look for in a IRM software solution that assure you will have a system that meets your needs and the needs of your management and business partners. To help you, we’ve briefly outlined these below.
- Ease of Use
- Configurable Data and Workflows
- Rich Dashboards and Reporting, with Visuals and Notifications
- Predictable Implementations
- Ease of Implementation